Monday 19 May 2014

Outfit of the week #2

I can't tell you how down in the dumps I got about the contents of my wardrobe last week!

Having gone from having a very worky wardrobe and a set outfit for each day to being able to dress to the weather & trends has been a bit of a difficult adjustment for me. Believe it or not, I am at my most comfortable in a pencil skirt & heels.

On Thursday as I searched high & low for something that made me look less frumpy dumpling & more sun kissed goddess, this scene began to develop.


My wardrobe was not my friend.

Off into Canterbury with the girls I went on a mission to find some suitable, well fitting clothes for the summer. And thanks to h&m and New Look, after three hours, I finally found some!

My favourite outfit of the week has to be this.



This stripy cotton wrap around dress was only £14.99 in h&m and for me, accentuates all the right places. I've become a lot more conscious of my 'wobbly' bits of late and so the fact that it reaches to just above the knee & pulls me in around the waist meant that I felt so much more comfortable.

I teamed this with these gorgeous shoes from New Look.



I'm quite short and  my legs are far from skinny so in order to make them appear longer & less dumpy, I wanted to find a pair of shoes which had a heel but still looked casual.

I initially thought maybe a pair of wedges, but when I saw these I knew I had to have them!

I also wore my new denim jacket also from NewLook & my Cath Kidston floral bag to top it off.

What was the favourite outfit of your week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment