Tuesday 28 January 2014

5 Signs I'm Old Before My Time!

"Are you really only..<insert number here>.?" 

A question I have been asked so many times. When I was younger, this was such a compliment. People saw me as mature, level headed and sensible. I looked older than I was too. People still say it to me now. Someone said it to me today. At 20, I can still, just about take it as a compliment.  I wonder how long that will last? Fingers crossed the wrinkles will hold out long enough to get me through the next decade without being told I look 40! They're right though. Sometimes I have to question myself! And this is why...

1) My ideal Friday Night is sitting at home in my PJ's and slippers with the Mr & Pup watching 8 out of 10 Cats and The Big Bang Theory Repeats, after a long and usually stressful week at work. The thought of clubbing (especially in this weather) literally fills me with dread. 

2) The most exciting day of the month is pay day. Nothing unusual about that I'm sure. But I don't look forward to pay day for the same reasons most 20 year olds probably do. On pay day I don't go and get bladdered or have a spend up online. Pay day is Pets at Home day. A monthly trip to our local store to stock up on bits & bobs for Pup. And yes.. ok... maybe a quick pop into New Look too! 

3) I stress so much over things most people my age don't even think about for at least another 5 years. I worry about money and how I need to work now to be able to support any little ones in the future. I fantasise about house colour schemes and home cooking. 

4) I say things like 'when I was young...'. I am young! <quickly reminds self > I am only 20 years old. 

5) I'd much rather be 'comf' instead of 'cool'. Don;t get me wrong. I follow fashion, but you'll never see me try and squeeze into a pair of jeans 2 sizes to small because 'Beyonce' wore them and looked awesome. You'll find me in pencil skirts & blouses at work, what I call 'safe' dresses at parties and leggings at home. As long as I'm comf, I feel cool. 


1 comment:

  1. Ha!! this is so me, I swear I am a 60 year old trapped in a 22 year old's body!! L x

    ReplyDelete