Monday 13 January 2014

Time to fly the nest

Me & the Mr have come to that point in our relationship where, as lovely as it is to have a lack of huge financial responsibility and our washing done and ironed by the magic fairy, we need our own space to be together and continue to build our future together. That requires a house. A home.

Working for an Estate Agent often leads me to far too much time looking at Rightmove. Analysing the market. Trying to work out when and what will be best for us. We had intially considered renting, but it just seems like we'd be throwing money down the drain. We want to buy & we are officially on the hunt.

So what's the next step?

We need to meet a mortgage advisor and discuss how much we will need and can afford to borrow. The Mr has a well paid job. Me not so much. I feel bad, but most of my income is spent on travelling, investment into my business, and helping out here. He is so good at saving. So good with money. I like to think I am too, I just need more of it to prove it. (Aggghhh!).


Are you on the hunt for your first house? What are your next steps? Any tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment