Wednesday 15 January 2014

I Love Sundays

Sunday is my very favourite day of the week.

Most Sundays I wake early next to The Mr. I lay blissfully cosy and snuggled until fully awake and then quietly climb out of bed and set to work on the computer until he wakes and drags me back to bed for breakfast and a snoozy morning of watching Sunday Brunch... often still tweeting from my phone but shhh- He'll never know!


Sometimes we pop into town and mooch around the shops. We often grab lunch with friends and once in a while an afternoon trip to the cinema or a visit to his Grandma's slips in too. This quality time is so important to our relationship. This is how we have spent nearly every Sunday for nearly four years. We don't yet live together, we both work into the evenings and until we fly the nest this one day a week is our only real time.

I arrive home mid afternoon in time for Sunday Dinner with Mum & Lobster. We sit around the table and talk about our week gone and week coming. Another rarity. With the comings and goings of us all, it is very rare that we get to do this during the week, properly converse, joke and chatter. It's the one time of week when the hormones and stresses which tend to fill our all female home go out of the window. The love around that Sunday table is precious.

As the evening draws in, it's time for Me & Alfie time. I try my very best to make sure Alfie has a longer than usual walk on a Sunday. We walk side by side... Okay fine, he runs miles ahead and I spend half of the time running after him. Regardless of this my time walking him is my peaceful time. My time to reflect and think everything through. Some of my biggest and greatest plans have come to me during a Sunday Afternoon Alfie walk. When Alfie arrived in our family, my heart was in pieces, I was not in a good place at all. At that time we would spend hours walking around our little village, in and out of the parks and around our local lakes. That time spent was my therapy. A god send. It's easy to forget the value of this time spent, but by making sure I take this time out, just us two as much as I can, I keep my head clear.


And then for my favourite Sunday hours. I run a bath, and indulge in all things indulgent - My Sunday Night Soak - in preparation for the week ahead before retreating to my room for some quality me time. Clean sheets, new PJ's and Yankee Candle bliss! Sometimes my resident beautician even paints my nails for me!



For those of you who know me, will know that yes, all of these hours are also filled with Beebies tweets & website updates. But I really wouldn't spend them any other way.

Sunday is a day for quality time. With family, with friends and also with yourself. It's a day for head clearing, preparation and cuddles.

Sunday is my very favourite day of the week.

How do you spend your Sundays? 


No comments:

Post a Comment