Wednesday 26 March 2014

Beauty | Miss Sporty Nail Varnish - Colour Layering

Every once in a while, happy accidents occur in my attempts at beauty.

And this weekend something wonderful happened.

We attended a wedding reception on Saturday & I was trying to match my nails to one of the colours in my dress.

I had purchased these two nail varnishes from the miss sporty counter at Boots the previous weekend.



I first thought that the one on the left, Ferris Wheel, would match perfectly, though once it had dried it seemed I was wrong.

At this point, anyone else would have grabbed the nail varnish remover and wiped it off. Me? I could not find any in the entire house.

Plan B. Paint over it and hope for the best. Bodge it.

I grabbed the Blue Bath, and painted on, hoping for the best.

When the polish was going on I was pleasantly surprised that it held its colour well, though as it began to dry the bottom layer began to blend through.

And amazingly, it made the perfect match to the turquoise detail on my dress.


I never thought colour mixing would work with nail varnish. Especially when one layer was already dry.

Super impressed & will definitely be trying this with some different combinations.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely colour! I'm definitely going to this! X

    ReplyDelete