Tuesday 18 March 2014

Raising a Glass

It feels very weird to be writing this post.

For the last month, everything I have been doing has been leading up to exactly this moment.

When I resigned from my job 28 days ago, I was angry, let down and quite frankly exhausted.

If you know me well enough, you will know I am a planner. I have a schedule for everything. A plan for the next five minutes, the next five days, the next 5 years... You get my drift.

It was never going to be my career. Administration is really not me. I need to be stretched & challenged. I need targets and something more. There was always going to be a day when I eventually left & went on to do what I love. Running my business is my passion. You cant get more of a challenge than doing just that. Running Beebies full time was always part of the plan, it has just come a little sooner than anticipated.

Today, as I made those last calls to colleagues, stamped the last envelope and completed my last 'project', the nerves and realisation kicked in. I would never sit in my seat again.

I would never really laugh until my jaw ached at my bosses funny tales & cringey stories from 'back in the day'. I would never have another 4 o'clock debate. Hear G's daily drama's. Make another nettle tea in A's  blue cup.  A lump formed in my throat for a short while.

Don't get me wrong, I know that this is absolutely the right thing. I am excited and can't wait but As much as the job drove me crazy, I have spent the last 15 months with three people who pretty much know me inside out. They have supported me in their own ways through some crappy times, we have laughed, despaired and just been there every single day. They have each taught me so much about life & about my self.

I have so much to thank them for.

If you're reading this you crazy three, As I pop open the champers this evening, I'll be raising a glass to you. For everything you have done.

Ohh... we laughed!

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment