Saturday 15 February 2014

Because You are You

I'm not very good at Valentines Day. I am really not naturally romantic. I love with all of my heart, but big gestures and slushy poems just aren't for me.

Sometimes I think I take all he does for granted. He is just always there. And though I thank him, sometimes I'm not sure he knows how much I appreciate him.

So this year, when trying -and failing to hunt for an acceptable (yet not too slushy) valentines gift for him, I decided to make something myself.

I did not spend much, under £10 actually, and it was really easy to do. 

I bought these heart shaped Post-it Notes from Waitrose and a Preserve Jar from Tesco.


I wrote 'I Love You Because...' on a red Post-It and stuck it to the lid of the jar. Then wrote all of the reasons I could think of on the rest, folded them in half and popped them inside of the jar. This way he can look at them at any time and know I love him lots.



Some of them are funny,
Some of them are sweet,
Some of them only he & I would understand,
But each of them are true.

Each of them are on a heart and from my heart.

I love you Mr.

Because you are you.


No comments:

Post a Comment