Friday 21 February 2014

The Sun is Shining

Today the sun is shining. Today is already a fabulous day.

It is not a day that has gone to plan. I should be at work. Instead I am home with two 11 year old's because of childcare issues. As was I yesterday.

But in truth, something tells me that today is not a day for any mundane plan. Today is the day to make the changes, dot the i's and cross the t's and prepare for my biggest adventure yet!

On Tuesday, after a few truly rubbish events at work, I handed in my notice. After 18 months of muddling through, juggling my own business with contributing more time and effort to someone else's I finally bit the bullet and resigned!

I can't tell you how excited I am about it all. I feel like a weight has been lifted, like a light bulb has just gone PING! in my head. In just under a month, I'll be solely self employed and although the prospect of not having a regular assured income is scary, I know that this risk is one I have to take.

I am stressed, but that good stress.  I have those good butterflies.

I am already making progress, my business is already booming more than it was.

Today the sun is shining. Today is already a fabulous day.


5 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how something as simple as a bit of sun can instantly make the day better. I'm so so excited for you, and maybe even more excited that I'm going to share your journey with you. I wish you all the luck and will always be here to listen or help in any way I can x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely lady! You have been a pillar of support over the last few weeks x

      Delete