Thursday 17 April 2014

All out of sorts

This month has been a funny month.

'Huh? it's only the 17th?' I hear you cry.

Forget about March, April, May. For most women, there are two types of months that run along side each other. I refer to the month cycle that most women base their lives around. The month that has a week of big knickers, nurofen & an un-dying NEED for chocolate right here right now.

Don't worry, I'm not about to go into any further detail about anything else that happens that week and break the all important TMI barrier. It is safe to read on. I promise. 

This month started well. I was upbeat, ready for action. Noone and nobody was going to stop me doing anything. And so with confidence and the adrenaline of leaving my job fuelling my fire I got up and went. Everything was checked off on my brains to do list, the house was tidy, I'd seen all the people I needed to see, talked about all of the things I needed to talk about. Everything was going to work out. It might be tough, but it'd work. I was, shall we say, bouncing my way through life. (Imagine Crash Bandicoot after an ooga booga shot.)

However as the weeks passed my mood really slumped. Nerves and thoughts of 'Can I really do this?' took over my mind and frustration began to build as the possibility of me & Mr moving to a home of our own began to fade. I felt stuck. Add to that a UTI, horrible skin out break, three panic attacks and a series of nightmares, I think it's fair to say I've been left a little out of sorts.

It seems I've had a three week long bout of PMT! Fingers crossed, that from today my hormones have a little bit of a relax and let me get back to doing what I do best.



No comments:

Post a Comment